tasha (tashabear) wrote,
tasha
tashabear

  • Mood:

OFWC, update the fourth (and a half)

The guideline is done, though in retrospect I'm not entirely sure it was necessary. I've discovered that I have to cut the entire 16' roll of stabilizer into sections -- it's the only way to get the motifs to follow the curve. Annoying, but worth it for the overall look of the piece. Also, I can number them and only pin down a few at a time, if I so desire. I'm cutting and pinning the first half of the cloak in its entirety, so I have a grasp on the scope of all this, and so I have it all ready for AC. The fun never ends.

(Actually, don't tell darkwolfie this, but I'm having fun with this. I want him to think that it's a huge hardship so he'll feel all grateful (because lord knows he never feels guilty) and give me special good sexin'.)

ETA: I got every thing laid out and pinned, but putting the pieces in the hoop is proving interesting, because I can't pull on the stuff to tighten it -- it tears (go figure). I'll work with it; it doesn't have to be perfect. In fact, it may look better if it's not. Not going to stitch right now, though; it's past time for bed.
Tags: cloak project
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments